Friday, June 29, 2012

Mural dedication

After Joyce's passing, a mural was commissioned and painted on a large wall in our children's department. It's been up for several months, and the official dedication occurred last week.


Our library director, David Bass


I don't like the mural.  I especially don't like having to look at it every day.  I don't like the way she painted Joyce's face in the three separate places it appears; it doesn't capture her at all.  And Joyce would hate being the center of attention in the library, oh my goodness, would she hate this.  Fortunately for me, the picture I dislike the most is hidden from the circulation desk by a big support beam.  And due to all of the shelving and computer work I do, I don't wear my glasses at work, so I can't see very far.

2 comments:

heather said...

How disappointing!

Cynthia said...

It's sad they didn't come up with something which she would have been pleased with.... :(