Trevor has been bringing Lucky on our walks lately.
For the longest time, he's asked if he could. Lucky is so calm at home but is a pain to walk. He's excited, he pulls, and I could only remember Trevor as a little boy driving me crazy by yanking poor Lucky with his gentle lead.
The gentle lead goes around his muzzle. It's easier to walk the dog--as long as it's snug enough. And several years ago, he slipped out a couple of times, which was just one more reason that I didn't want to bring him along.
But that was a loooong time ago. I'd forgotten that Trevor has grown a foot since then and is old enough to walk the dog without input from me. Lucky seemed to be able to tell the difference too. He was excited, sure, but he also behaved very nicely for Trevor.
So nice to be able to get out not just with my son but for us to have our sweet doggy with us too. Lucky seems in perfect health, but at 12 (11? can't remember!), he's getting old. We've been so blessed by this puppy from the very first day that I'm happy to do something to make him so happy too.

2 comments:
That is a precious photo...
Such a sweet photo....and it's amazing how quickly that growing thing can sneak up on a Mom.
Post a Comment