Backtracking a few weeks. Everyone on the East Coast is used to seeing the redbuds each spring, but this gal from the West is always completely struck by their beauty. This was early on, just as they began to blossom.

Winter around here . . . eh. But spring. It rains warms again, these trees pop, and everything starts looking beautiful again.
4 comments:
I just love your part of the country!! Beautiful!
Hey "gal from the west".
Guess you figured out why people use "gal".
Thanks, Laura!
Dad, re that "gal" thing! I know, right?!
I was mortified to write it, but I'm hardly a girl, and "woman from the west" sounds like I must be from a brothel.
Dying of embarrassment, and if Holly sees it, I will *never* hear the end of it. Argh!
You broke the code. Girl sounds like a kid.....woman sounds like an old lady.....so you and a lot of others are "gals".
Tell Holly in 20 years she'll be a gal and be glad of it.
Post a Comment