Monday, February 27, 2012

Recipes to note

I may not be blogging much, but I've been doing a ton of cooking. How can I remember all of these great recipes?

PINEAPPLE SALSA

Healthy, yummy, inexpensive--the perfect food!

2 c. chopped pineapple
1 c. chopped red and/or green pepper
1/2 c. chopped red onion (or plain, or whatever)
1/4 c. lemon juice
3 T. chopped cilantro (as if I could stop at three)
1 fresh jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped (I use jarred)

Blend all ingredients, and if you can stand to wait, let set in a bowl in fridge for 4-24 hours, stirring occasionally, to allow flavors to blend.

-------------------------------------

NEVER Buy Pizza Sauce Again!

15 oz. can tomato sauce
6 oz. can tomato paste
1 T. ground oregano
1-1/2 t. dried minced garlic
1 t. paprika

In small bowl, mix tomato sauce and paste together until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.

No comments: