Sunday, September 18, 2011

First day of school

The closed door belongs to Holly.



Trevor was a bit speedier.



It was actually a great first day of the school year.

Holly

We took advantage of the Labor Day holiday. It's not as we actually celebrate, and between my vacation day from work and the opportunity to get in a full week right off the bat, I chose Labor Day as the first day.

Trevor's comment: "Today was maybe possibly almost a good day."

Holly's comment, after geometry: "Well, that was fun." (I can count on one hand the number of times she's said that about math.)

We followed up with a trip to Dairy Queen, pretty much our first day of school ritual by now.

7 comments:

lazy susie said...

Your photos tell me three things: We have the same doors. My teen girls aren't the only ones who like hiding behind closed doors. Trevor likes wearing pajamas all day.

Kristine said...

Bahahaha! We are all laughing here, because it's really Holly who likes to wear pajamas all day! I must have caught Trevor (relatively) early in the morning.

Linda said...

Sounds like a great first day! I'm jealous that Trevor needs long pajama pants. We get to that around January here. Sigh! Totally hate the weather most of the year in FL.

Kristine said...

I don't understand the long fleece pjs either. We turn the AC down to 68 at night. My bedroom is several degrees cooler, and I would bake in those pjs under a sheet and comforter!

Get back to me when it's icy and snowing here and you're gang is in shorts. I will be wishing to live in FL at that point!

Linda said...

OK! :)

Cynthia said...

LOVE the DQ ritual :)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Trevor's comment: "Today was maybe possibly almost a good day."

LOCE Trevor's comment....and your DQ ritual. We also do a lot of ritualized DQing.