I love my coffee, and I especially love it with lots of creamer. Two bad things about creamer:
The ever-increasing price.
All of the nasty ingredients.
I figured I could do at least as well at home.
HOMEMADE CREAMER
14-oz. can of sweetened condensed milk; I use the no fat and pay $1.50 a can at Walmart
1.5 c. skim milk
2 t. vanilla
1/3 c. vanilla flavoring syrup, optional, found in the coffee aisle (adds more not-so-great ingredients though)
Mix all together well. Cover and refrigerate. Stir before using, as the condensed milk will settle on the bottom. Keeps for a week or so.
It might not be much less expensive, but at least it doesn't kill me when my kids use it. And I'm still good with buying the Coffeemate when it goes on a good sale.
1 comment:
YUM! Now if only I could drink coffee (LOL).
Post a Comment