Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Post Peru pics

Holly's last flight landed in DC shortly after midnight. The group split up, heading back to their four different areas of Virginia. Holly's group was met by the church van, driving the 3.5 hours in the middle of the night back to Lynchburg.

We woke up at 3:45 to make the hour drive to meet the van at the church at 5:00. We hadn't spoken to anyone on the plane, but a FB friend sent a picture of the kids in the van heading home.

We got to the church less than five minutes after the van.

More tearful goodbyes

Holly brought gifts for all of us, including earrings for me, a carved nativity for Robert, and a chullo for Trevor.



My biggest concern for the trip was bedbugs. They stayed at three different locations and flew on six different planes. If you've been reading the news, bedbug infestations have turned into a giant and costly headache for travelers. Everything went immediately into the washer or into giant plastic bags to hopefully heat up to 125 degrees in the hot sun. It's been three weeks, and I think we're okay!



4 comments:

Laura said...

ugh... bedbugs. I, too, would have had the luggage in garbage bags out in the sun! Glad it has all worked out! :)

Becky said...

I don't like to think of bedbugs yuk! When we go to the B&B, I take our own pillows, blanket, and bedspread..
BTW how did you fare in the earthquake? I was thinking about you all.
B.

Kristine said...

I keep reading these awful stories where people are paying thousands of dollars and still can't get rid of them.

Earthquake. Fine, we were in the car, and Robert and I felt it but didn't know what it was until a friend called a few minutes later. Just like living back in CA! I read about your sweet dog, poor thing!

Cynthia said...

EGADS! I know.. the whole bedbug thing is sickening! Makes me not want to travel!