Monday, June 13, 2011

Last weekend

The nearby church we've been visiting had its annual picnic last weekend. The picnic site was nestled in the hills, back in the middle of nowhere. It was very nice, well-attended, and Holly and I had a chance to meet and chat quite a bit with the pastor's wife. There was also a short ceremony and speeches honoring this year's graduates. (Okay, that was quite wonderful. There were a handful of college grads, along with several homeschooled grads.)

Robert and Trevor are somewhere in the long food line.

I did not take a picture of the beautiful setting.

I did not take a picture of the delicious food.

I did not take a picture of the shallow creek.

I did not take a picture of my wonderful family.

But I did take a picture of the miniature frogs that were all around the creek. They looked like flies walking around on the ground. Holly thought they were quite darling.



I spent some time visiting with two old friends from our old church who have also been frequenting this church. We later guiltily worried about seeming "cliquish," OOPS. :/

Trevor's friend came home with us for the afternoon. Just in time, because it began pouring when we got here.


It was a great end to the weekend.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love the rain picture!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Sounds like a fun way to get to know your new church family - and I think it's great you have a couple of old friends attending too....great rain photo.