[photo removed]
The only time we see the sunrise is when we are out early in the car.
-------------------------
Holly: Are those miniature cows?
Robert: No, the grass is just tall.
-------------------------
At Holly's request, we stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch. At least I knew she'd be getting one last meal for the week. We figured it might be the last meat she eats for six days.
The camp in Dayton, TN is beautiful, huge. We checked Holly in and then found the lodge where the girls are staying.

Rooms are preassigned. I think there were six bunkbeds and two double beds in each room. Holly chose the bed at the top corner by the window. Holly was very happy to notice that her room list included not only a girl she knew from Richmond, but also that she had the same room mom as before! At first, I was amazed with how TeenPact worked that out, how much effort they must have put into each kid, making sure their assignments were good. Then I realized God's a whole lot bigger than that, and it was effortless to Him.

And each room has its own bathroom. Newly tiled, two showers, three sinks, and lots of electric outlets.

They have a full schedule, and I can't imagine they'll be spending much time in the lodge family room. For click-and-drag 360 view photos, see here.

We dropped Holly off, and plugged HOME into my GPS. We really were out in the middle of nowhere.

We made a couple of quick stops on the way home for gas and to spend Kohl's cash that I'd earned the week before.
Earlier in the day, while driving through Damascus, VA, we realized this was an area that had been hit with a tornado last month. Trees were left standing like toothpicks, houses were missing roofs, walls, or partially collapsed. Debris was strewn about, and billboards torn away. It was quite sobering, and I was able to get a picture on the way home.

End of the day totals:
25 policemen in Virginia. Many had cars pulled over, but the traffic was close to the speed limit.
3 policemen in Tennessee. We stayed 10mph over the limit, but 98% of other cars passed us like we were standing still.
6 dead deer
3 live deer
Cheapest gas $3.48/gal.
1 kid gone for the week
2 rather tired parents
As planned/hoped, we were off the interstate before dark. We picked up Trevor and were home shortly after 9pm. I'm ready to do this again in a few more days, and it won't be as intimidating this time.
6 comments:
Looks like Garmin hasn't figured where it is in west Virginia.
God was able to get the girls in the right setting but......allowed tornados to wipe out towns?
Something doesn't compute.
Whose drawing? That camp looks really nice. Can't wait to hear all about it when Holly gets back!
What a gorgeous location for a camp. It sounds like she'll have a great time.
Dad, re your question. I believe that the Bible is the infallible Word of God. The Bible tells us that, due to Eve's sin, we are now living in a fallen world.
We want to have all the answers (hah, that was the problem in the first place, with Eve and the Tree of Knowledge). We try to interpret the Bible according to circumstances; instead, we need to interpret circumstances according to God's word.
Linda, I used the "Picnik" option through my Picasa photo editing and used the "pencil drawing" option on my photo!
We finally heard from Holly this morning. She has no cell coverage (borrowed someone's phone) and said she's having a GREAT time!
What a great looking place for a camp. I think the girl Holly met from here was at the national convention. It sticks in my mind she was running for an office of some sort.
Cindy, she was there, and she was running for VP along with a boy Holly met at the Richmond class also!
Post a Comment