Trevor has this skill. I don't. Trevor finally met the boy who lives behind us. They are a great match. His new friend is almost 12, loves Legos, video games, and Air Soft. Since finding each other, they've played together almost every single day for a few hours. I like this kid, and Trevor's always had a knack for choosing good friends.
They managed to get invited to swim at a neighbors' house. The pool family doesn't even have any kids living at home.

I'm unsocial. I finally met the neighbor boy's mom; I wave as I drive past the pool neighbor.
I don't invited to dinner. I don't get invited to swim. Instead, I take pictures through trees of other people having fun.
8 comments:
I wish the people behind us would invite us to swim in their pool! I miss my pool! It might help if I actually introduced myself to them. Sigh!
hahaha! I'm feeling extra special now since you invited me to lunch at your house one day eons ago before we'd ever even "met." :)
I thoroughly feel your pain. Same here. Sigh.
Can I confess here that I dread going to our homeschool picnic coming up this Friday? I just found out that another mom who would probably label herself with the same "unsocial" tag, won't be there as my "safe" person. My children look forward to these things, so I SHOULD go. Argh.
I thought I would grow up one day and not fret about this social stuff. Guess not.
I'm praying for both of us!
LOL, Cynthia, all of you loopies are different (Linda and Heather, that means you too!). I know some of your deepest, darkest secrets--and you know mine. ;) You were brave to come to my house!
I love the shot beteween the trees. go Trevor.
and what fine photo you got too;-)
Ha! I know exactly what you mean. The rest of us watch in admiration as Jack makes friends so easily!
I'm social, but old! Hahaha Most of the people that have younger children are so much younger than us. It is a strange place to be. I also have some very social children and some not so social. Makes life interesting.
I also fell so very blessed, Kristine, that you invited the Alixes to your home. We miss you guys. Gabe often mentions Trevor.
Post a Comment