Monday, March 07, 2011

Recipe - Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

I tried a new recipe last week that everyone really liked. I was out of the house for most days, and I took advantage of my crockpot when I was home. I made these Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches, and served them with sweet potato fries, along with celery sticks and homemade blue cheese dip (just mixing cream cheese, plain yogurt, and mayonnaise to a dip consistency).

SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN SANDWICHES

8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
17.5 oz. bottle of buffalo wing sauce, divided
half of a (1 oz.) pkg. of dry ranch dressing mix

Toss the chicken into the crockpot with the dry ranch mix, and 3/4 of the bottle of wing sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. (My chicken wasn't entirely thawed, so I turned it on high for a couple hours.)

Once the chicken has cooked, shred the meat and return to the crockpot. Serve on split buns with remaining wing sauce on the side.

You'd never guess something so simple would be so good. (Link to original recipe.)

No comments: