Sunday, November 21, 2010

Random shots from today

For the fourth week, we went back out to Lynchburg for church today. It's a great fellowship, and we went in already familiar with the worship style and teaching (Calvary Chapel). It's big, two services. We have friends there. This drive is killing me, Robert doesn't mind, and I'm not sure about the kids.

We stayed today for the Fall Fellowship, taking advantage of the opportunity to meet people. And eat. Before leaving home, I prepared cheese and crackers, very carefully laying out the cheese onto plastic wrap, wrapping it up, placing it gently in a small cooler--all so it would look nice when I transferred it to the tray later. Robert flunked mindreading today, of all days, although I appreciated his willingness to take care of the food. He dumped all of the cheeses out of the wrappings into one big pile.



After eating, we made our way down to the playing fields, where there were bouncey things, pony rides, and other activities set up. We didn't even know this area existed.



Trevor recognized a boy from his summer aviation class (also in Lynchburg) and quickly refriended him. I'm always surprised by his mysterious social life of which I know nothing. I don't know the name of this game, but Trevor played it at the beach early in the summer.



Holly was a real ringer though. Out of the 21 points scored, she scored 18 of them. And she's never played the game before.

2 comments:

heather said...

Ladder golf! Terry built one of those for our family. PVC pipe:)

Soooo frustrating when husbands flunk mindreading:( I'm impressed that Robert was willing to try, though:)

Cynthia said...

I recognize that game. Someone brought it to a camp out last year.

hahaha about the cheese :)