I was sick enough to miss a day of work. Never mind that no one wants coughing, sneezing help; I couldn't drag myself up even if I had to.
Both kids' teams won fantastically at soccer. Although Holly was not feeling up to par, she was happy to win 7-1. Trevor had an opportunity to play offense, and his team won 7-0. There was also the excitement of catching up with friends we've not seen during the summer, and meeting the families of new players--just an all around fantastic first night of games.
I worked on Saturday, a perfect day to work particularly while navigating our first week of school. I'm so pleased with how well Holly and Trevor kept up with their schedules. Holly's jumping into a pretty intense semester; Trevor's using a few things that are new to him and require more independence.
It's a misty Sunday morning; we're in a wait mode with looking for a new church. I'm looking forward to a lazy day, gearing up for the coming week, and looking forward to it. Is it too early to say, five school days down, 175 more to go?
2 comments:
Yay, Holly!!
I hope this week finds you all feeling better.
Love soccer season. :)
Pray you are feeling totally well by now.....sounds like the week went well other than the illness.
Post a Comment