The information had come to me via a local hsing email list. There were only 15 slots available in the class, and a friend and I were quick to respond the first morning of registration. Good thing, too, because we know others who tried to sign up two days later and didn't make the cut.
So the bad thing is that it's an hour away (2 hours if we hadn't moved!). The good thing is that we are sharing driving with our friends. I dragged Robert along with me as my chief navigator and entertainment while the boys went to class.

You'd think I couldn't miss it, but I circled the school about 14 times before getting it right.
We dropped the boys off at class. They built model rockets yesterday and will be flying them today. They'll also go on a field trip to an aviation maintenance facility.

Later in the week, they'll be visiting an Airport Fire Fighting and Police Rescue station, and taking a ride in a Cessna (praying for good weather!).
What to do for the morning in Lynchburg? First stop: Walmart. Second stop:

Third stop: Panera.

You can only drink so much coffee. Fourth stop:

Getting closer to the end:
It was a nice morning, and Trevor and his friend had a great day. It was nice for me to have Robert's company. I loved Lynchburg. While I've been there several times before, it really struck me yesterday how nice the people are, and what a sweet town it is.
We're looking forward to the progression of the class as the week goes on.


2 comments:
Great pictures of what looks like a great day!
What an extraordinary opportunity for Trevor! Wish Christian could have joined him.
Glad you were able to spend the day with your DH, too!
Post a Comment