Not the healthiest food on the breakfast menu, but this is easy and a kid favorite.
Hash Brown Potatoes
24-32 oz. package of frozen hash brown potatoes, THAWED!
2 T. butter, divided
1 can cream of chicken soup (can sub cream of mushroom)
8 oz. sour cream (I used 4 oz. sour cream, 4 oz. plain yogurt)
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
Saute onion in 1 T. butter until soft. To make things really easy, when the onions are done, toss in the last T. of butter so it will melt in the residual heat.
In a 3 qt. casserole (or larger, this was a tight fit), combine soup, sour cream, salt and pepper and mix well. Add in onion and cheese, and then toss with potatoes.
Bake covered at 350 for 40 minutes. We prefer it the top a bit crunchy, so I take the cover off for the last 10 mins. or so.
--------------------------------
This is such a flexible recipe. The original called for a 32 oz. bag of potatoes, and a lot more butter. I've switched cream soups, used plain yogurt with the sour cream, and put in different cheeses.
3 comments:
Sounds like you dropped from 14,000 calories to 13,000.
Burp!!!!!!!!
this looks so very yummy.
I enjoy when others post recipes, because it tells me its good stuff!!!
I make a similar recipe in the crockpot and I add veggies (mostly a variety of colored peppers) and some meat! Then, we serve it in tortilla shells.
Post a Comment