While we were on vacation, Janet and Alex hooked me on Scrabble. Trevor was very interested and quickly learned the game.
I've never been one to "let" my kids win. I would die of boredom; it would take all the fun out of it for me. But I will often encourage them or suggest strategies, and I frequently will give extra points or time to even out the scoring.

But times have changed. Now it's Trevor's turn to level the playing field. His very first word scored 170 points (HORIZONS). Needless to say, he won the game.
3 comments:
WOW! I HATE Scrabble! :) I'm not very good at it. I like games like Taboo! Anything that involves a lot of talking works for me! :)
I got Scrabble to help the kids with their spelling! We don't play it often because they get frustrated. heehee
WOWSER! We've been playing a lot of scrabble around here for a hands-on spelling activity!
Post a Comment