Cooked on the stovetop, my rib-loving family proclaimed these the "best EVER." Easier and quicker than many rib recipes, these were so very tender and flavorful. Dinner was even mostly silent as everyone wanted to just eat and not speak. I'm not that into ribs (way too messy!), and these were an outstanding exception.
Stovetop Pork Ribs
10 pork spareribs*
1/2 c. soy sauce
10 cloves garlic, crushed
1 T. dried rosemary
1 T. dried oregano
2 bay leaves
1 lime, juiced (I used bottled lime juice)
6 sprigs fresh parsley (I subbed a bunch of dried parsley)
ground pepper to taste
2 limes, cut into wedges
Place spareribs in a large, shallow pot. (*See note below.) Fill with just enough water to cover. Add soy sauce, garlic, rosemary, oregano, bay leaves, lime juice and parsley. Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered over medium heat until the water has completely evaporated, about 25 mins.
When all of the water is gone, remove the bay leaves and allow meat to brown, turning occasionally. Use a spatula to scrape up browned bits from bottom of pot, and toss them back on the meat. Remove the meat, drain on paper towels. Season with black pepper and garnish with lime wedges.
*Note: I am not sure if I used the right kind of "pork spareribs." I bought a long rack and then cut them into groups of 4-5. I still had to cover them with quite a bit of water, which took an hour to boil off. I found this recipe ONLINE HERE, and next time I hope to read through the hundreds of reviews to find out exactly what kind of pork I should be using.
Oh my goodness, this was sooooooo good . . .
1 comment:
yuum! I wonder if this would work with beef instead of pork??
Post a Comment