Uncle Joe shot a turkey in the morning. Trevor got to watch the turkey gutting and hang out in Uncle Joe's shed with things boys love: empty wasps' nests, deer skulls, quivers full of arrows, and more. Uncle Joe gave Trevor a full camouflage outfit and loads of turkey feathers.

The feathers are coolly iridescent, but I didn't get any closer than this. Oh, I had to hold the turkey with one hand by its leg. Ew!

We visited at Aunt Ann Marie's house and got a few great pictures.
Trevor, Ann Marie, LorettaTrevor and I left in the morning in the drizzle. The roads cleared up when we turned south onto I-81, and we even stopped in Harrisonburg at Q-Doba for lunch. We were home at 3:00--I'm catching up on email and blogging; Trevor is dressed in his new camo and seeing how well he can hide in the front yard.
We had a catch up Mother's Day--tulips, a new coffeemaker, and an awesome dinner fixed by Robert. Holly and I will catch up on our tv tonight, and my wonderful husband bought my favorite ice cream for dessert.
A good visit--good to be home. I'm thankful for the opportunity to visit, and I'm grateful to my aunt and uncle for their hospitality.
We had a catch up Mother's Day--tulips, a new coffeemaker, and an awesome dinner fixed by Robert. Holly and I will catch up on our tv tonight, and my wonderful husband bought my favorite ice cream for dessert.
A good visit--good to be home. I'm thankful for the opportunity to visit, and I'm grateful to my aunt and uncle for their hospitality.


2 comments:
Sounds like Trevor had great fun!
Neat photo of the turkey feathers, Kristine. How brave of you to touch the deceased turkey leg!
I'm grateful that I can purchase turkey parts from a grocery store rather than plucking one of those creatures myself:)
Post a Comment