Anyway, it's really awesome stuff. We could have snow cream coming out our ears. I sent the kids outside to gather up a big bowl full of snow.

SNOW CREAM
8 c. snow
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 t. vanilla extract
Place snow in a large bowl. Pour condensed milk over and add vanilla. Mix to combine. Serve immediately in bowls.
2 comments:
I always found it odd that it was a southern thing too. Maybe because in the south, when it actually snows, people get excited and want to celebrate with ice cream and in the north it is just another day of snow?
I don't know. All I know is I grew up with snow cream (my parents are from the south) and I love it. We don't often get enough snow to make it so I once made it with ice shavings made in our snow cone machine. It worked. :-)
We may have to give that a try!
Post a Comment