Monday, December 28, 2009

Soccer--games and banquet

I've been meaning to post these for two months. What this really means is that I'm postponing the Christmas pictures, for whatever reason!

Soccer championships: Trevor's team. After playing the entire season undefeated, they lost the championship game, 0-1. It was another awesome season. I was a little concerned as to how Trevor would take the loss. He came running up to me, bag of candy in hand. "We lost! Now I'm going to go play with my friends!"

Holly's team also lost in very close game. It was apparently so painful that none of us can remember the final score. We were all pretty traumatized.

Our end of season banquet was held at a local pizza place. I love the fall banquets. Our "team" is really three teams, about 45 kids broken down into three age groups. Seventy-five people were at the banquet.



Everyone eats a ton of pizza and the coaches hand out year-end awards. Each player is called up individually.


Robert got a little emotional over his team, particularly when it was Holly's turn.

(not really)


Fall soccer. Twice as good as spring soccer. I'm looking forward to that, and Trevor even mentioned yesterday that he can't wait either.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Nice job! That type of loss after an undefeated season is HARD! That's hwat happened to Josh's bb team last year. Undefeated the whole season then lost the championship tourney game in OT by 1 point right at the buzzer.... ERRR......