While Trevor went sledding in the snow Friday night, the snow was too deep to sled on Saturday. I don't remember why we didn't try it yesterday, or maybe someone did; whatever, it didn't happen.
The snow melted a little and refroze last night, and all is icy again. It's very difficult to get the truck to the top of the driveway today, but it was a great sledding track.
I'd halfheartedly ventured out yesterday. Unable to find my boots, I pulled on Robert's and wandered out front for a short time, admiring Trevor's snow dragon and fort (pictures to follow). But a Facebook friend from church unknowingly encouraged me last night to really get out there with Trevor and enjoy the snow. "It'll make some great memories," she said.
The last time it snowed like this was four years ago. We took the kids to a large hill, and they were surprised and excited at how much fun I had sledding. I was surprised that they were surprised--am I really that boring and old? I went down the hill over and over again, vying for my turns on the saucers. We sold the saucers when we moved, choosing to bring along Robert's old Flexible Flyer instead.
With Heather's words playing over in my head, I dug around in the basement this morning until I found my own snow boots. (Okay, so they're really hiking boots, but they've always worked fine in the snow too.) I grabbed the down coats too.
Trevor and I had a blast slipping and sliding up the driveway. We pulled the sled up too. It was a little scary--it crossed my mind that I'm closer to the ground in the saucers.
Yep, memories.
I came inside, went online, and ordered two saucers too. For next time.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! Too funny! Enjoy that snow while it lasts! ;-) My boys LOVE sledding. Perhaps I should get out more often with them....although not sure I'll video tape it. ;-)
WOOHOO!!! That was awesome! Do it again for me? Please? ;-)
Post a Comment