
It's a three hour drive, and we made a couple of stops on the way. It's part of the fun of the trip, since we don't have these places in Roanoke.

We planned it perfectly for dinner too!

We settled in at our hotel.

It was in the 90s and muggy. We had a good thunderstorm, and praise the Lord for stopping the rain before I had to leave to meet their 11:00 flight. I don't know the area well at all.

The terminal had shut down for the night, and I was unable to meet the girls at the gate (the airline will give a security pass to meet minors traveling alone, even if they have an adult ticket). It's such a wonderfully small airport, so that wasn't a big deal.

Armed with my GPS AND a detailed map, we headed for the 24 hour Walmart to grab some food for the girls and candy for all of us.

We made it back to the hotel after midnight. The kids and I ate and chatted while Robert tried to sleep (I guess somewhat successfully?).

We were up at 7 a.m. Hilarious, since Holly on a good day will wake up at 9, and she was still on Denver time. We ate breakfast downstairs, and since no one wanted to swim, we got an early start back home...after stopping at a few more stores.

And no, Trevor did not get to adopt a kitty!

It was a bit of a squeeze in the car, particularly the back seat. It is GOOD to be home!
4 comments:
Hurray for your Qdoba fix!
Looks like fun. I love these kinds of trips. There were Qdobas in Illinois. We don't have them here. We debated on the last night whether to eat there or Buffalo Wild Wings. We chose the wings place this time. Next time we'll try Qdoba if you like it. ?
We love Qdoba and have gone there for years. It's one of the things we definitely miss. I'd googled ahead of time, and it was a planned dinner stop. :)
I've never even heard of Qdoba.
Post a Comment