Thursday, August 27, 2009

The one where we meet Debbie's family!

I have met several of my loopy friends, and I was especially excited to meet Debbie and her family. Debbie and I first met eight years ago online. Debbie's two oldest kids are close in age with my two. We've also been part of a smaller list together, and we're part of a small Bible study group. They were camping several hours away but were eager to make the drive to our house!

Holly and Bess hung out and did some girlie things.


Trevor and Gabe disappeared into Trevor's room to talk, and play with Legos and DS, coming out only to feed a little. Okay, a lot.


Dan, Hannah and Rachel ran between the other kids and the grown ups.


Robert swapped stories with Brian . . .


. . . and squashed little kids.


Even Grace and Lucky played together.


And Debbie and I just enjoyed each other and enjoyed watching our families make their own friendships!


It was a SUPER fun afternoon. It's always wonderful to meet other loopies, but it's even more special to visit with a long time cherished friend who has been a blessing in my life, whose entire family seemed like a natural fit around my own.


Debbie, Brian, Bess, Gabe, Rachel, Hannah, Dan....thank you for sharing a part of your vacation with us, and for sharing your family with ours!!

I love my loopy list, I love my loopy friends. :)

8 comments:

berrypatch said...

Loopy - I love that name! So glad you all had a great visit! ;-)

Laura said...

Oh! I have been waiting for this post!!! How absolutely wonderful! It looks like you all had a terrific afternoon. You KNOW I am so jealous! But thrilled that you were able to be together. Wonderful!!!

Donna said...

This is great! It's so wonderful to see you all together!! :o)

Wild Homeschool Family said...

Awwww that's great. Looks like a wonderful time. Even the dogs got a playdate!

Jodi

Linda said...

You're so lucky, Kristine! :)

Romany said...

Woah!!! It always seems Soooo weird to me to see two people from different blogs on the SAME blog! LOL!

A bit freaky actually. Nice, but freaky.

Stand by for pics of me and Cynthia in London in October.{g}

Cynthia said...

ME TOO!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

How FUN! I love the photo of the kids on the porch.