Trevor had a two night sleepover.
So I invited myself to a friend's house under the guise of helping her prepare food for a large gathering she's hosting. It's hard to turn down someone who offers to bring a potato peeler and lots of large bowls. We made potato salad and oatmeal cookies, and enjoyed each other's company (well, I hope she enjoyed my company).
While our boys played Bionicles, Legos and Wii, we later were able to pull out our own fun things--curriculum! We talked about Latin, and while she looked over my Notgrass Exploring America, I was able to check out her Classical Conversations Challenge II materials.
At dinner time, we met up with a group of about two dozen women from church, and then migrated down the street for coffee and dessert. (I've already discovered people don't appreciate getting their pictures taken when they are eating, so I didn't even try.)

I skipped on the dessert, but over the course of the evening, I had three glasses of tea and a large iced coffee, so it's not like I needed any more sugar. Or caffeine.

But I didn't have to worry about staying awake for the drive home either.

And yes, they thought it was rather odd that I was taking pictures of their feet on the floor, but it's gotten to where people just don't ask anymore. That's a good thing.
2 comments:
Sounds like loads of fun, Kristine!
LOL.. yea people don't even ask me anymore either...
Post a Comment