Saturday, August 29, 2009

Back two weeks to my birthday

(I can always wait when it comes to my birthday!)

We celebrated a little early by taking in the baseball game, as I had to work on my birthday. We also got my birthday present a little early, knowing I'd get money to put towards my gift: a new laptop! Yay!!!!!



It's about 5000 times faster than the old computer, I'm not exaggerating. Robert and the kids bought me a wireless mouse, but I forgot that I was supposed to be taking a photo of it here too. The mouse has been very helpful in gaining me higher Bejeweled scores, and I'm not exaggerating about that either!

Although I had to work, my wonderful boss gave me this lovely Willow Tree piece. She did not know that I have a small collection. It was such a nice surprise. If I had to work on my birthday, at least I work at a great place with sweet people.



My family came to work and brought me McDonald's for dinner and a giant tiramisu for dessert. No candles, but we didn't need to keep the fire dept. on call.

Robert and the kids also gave me a license plate frame for my car.



Oh yeah, and I guess my car was sort of my present. LOL.

It was a very good birthday. One nice thing about getting older is that I kind of forget how old I really am. And that's very good too.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

CUTE Willow Tree!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

What fantastic and thoughtful gifts! 500x faster is good. LOL I'm dreaming of the fiber optic internet off base. LOL

berrypatch said...

What a great birthday! ;-) I liked all your gifts and that mouse...sheesh! I'm not sure I should even keep playing at this point between you, Deb, and my friend's 10 year old son! Yup - even he is beating me these days. LOL

Wild Homeschool Family said...

Excellent laptop!

OK now I know why I'm so bad at Bejewelled, I don't use a mouse! I always wanted an excuse. VBG