Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Trevor camps out

A few days ago, I came home to see this in my yard.



I'll tell you, it just did something to my momma's heart...

But between the possibility of rain, and the fact that Trevor has not slept in this tent before, we decided the sure thing was to move it into his bedroom for the night.



I can remember what tents were like when I was this age. *I* never would have been the one putting it together, and the spikes would have prevented it from ever going up in our house!



Popcorn, jelly beans, staying up late at night.




And no rain and no scary noises--and no kids needing to run into the house in the middle of the night!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should camp outside with him the first time.....you have camping experience.
You could eat cookies all night.

Laura said...

Oh my yes.... you will, of course, believe it when I tell you that we recently had our own tent experience/story with Jonathan. :) It was while we were on vacation and in Cody, WY. It surely did something to my momma's heart, too.

Great solution for Trevor!! Looks like a lot of fun!

Cynthia said...

That looks like FUN! My boys love making tents in the house. I can only imagine the great fun they would have if I let them put one up in their room!

Wild Homeschool Family said...

I see you have a camper too. My kids have been all into tents lately as well.

Romany said...

Yup the bedroom seems safest. especially with all those big black snakes slithering around your house and all.

Don't you have your windows open at night?????? What if a snake crept into your BEDROOM!

Dorothy, who's going camping in a few days. Against my will.

Kristine said...

Dorothy, we have been running the A/C at night for months, and it's only been for the last two nights it's been cool enough to leave the windows open. But we have screens, good, strong ones. I hope anyway, lol.