Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday

Holly and I left early this morning for the three hour drive to Raleigh-Durham. Once we got into the airport, I realized I made the fatal mistake of leaving my camera in my car. Of course, Holly was happy that I wouldn't be trying to sneak pictures of her.



I love this little airport; at least it seems little. The parking is fast and easy; once again, I parked in the second row away from the door. The food is reasonably priced, and the gates are a very short walk from security. (Although nothing beats Roanoke's airport, which is smaller than Sam's Club; I guess that's why we don't have a chance to use it that often.)

After Holly left, I met up with one of my loopy friends. I first met Michele back on SHS eight years ago. We have a lot of things in common: we started hsing using Sonlight, we both made big family moves to an unexpected spots, we've both worked in the children's section of our libraries, we both go to Calvary Chapels. We had a very nice lunch together, and I was amazed to find out afterwards that Michele took a VACATION day from work to make this happen!



It's always SO much fun to meet my loopy friends in person. These ladies have been such a wonderful support, such a blessing in my life. It was a very good day.

...comfort each other, and edify one another... 1 Thess 5:11

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Well, I am always just so jealous of all you ladies meeting up. Hopefully, Kristine, we will be meeting soon.

You ladies look so lovely.

Laura said...

What fun!! How wonderful that you two were able to meet for lunch. Love the photo!

Happy day. :)

Linda said...

Oh, it IS fun to meet loopy friends! So glad you had this opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Still waiting for the pic of Holly with the new doo!
You are failing!

Cynthia said...

WHAT FUN!