Saturday, July 11, 2009

I've seen this before

My loopy friend Laura has been on a three week long vacation "out west." Part of their family's trip took them through Wyoming and the Grand Tetons, and Laura was sweet enough to think of us and mail a postcard! (The white mark was a scratch courtesy of the USPS, and I probably should have fixed before posting here.)



I love this shot. I love this angle. I love this subject. I love it so much that we have it in a 6'x3' frame.



It hung on a big wall in our Colorado Springs house. We don't have walls quite that big here, so instead it hangs on a framed out wall in our dark, unfinished basement. It's kind of a waste, but at least it's out so I can see it sometimes. Maybe there will be a spot for it at some point, and we'll be able to truly enjoy it again.

Laura, it was so kind of you to remember us on your wonderful vacation. You and I long shared so many parallels in our lives, and without even thinking about it, you KNEW which postcard would touch me. Thank you!

7 comments:

WCR said...

Isn't that cool? How wonderful! I did know that I had to send you a Tetons postcard and that one sorta jumped out at me for you. :)

I hope you find a home on the main floor for your framed photo soon - it is way too beautiful to be missed!

Cynthia said...

How sweet! I was so bummed that they passed right through here and we didn't get to meet. Maybe next time.

Lisa in Jax said...

Amazing that you got the same photo! Very cool!

Kristine said...

Cindy, I read that on Laura's blog that you two missed each other. WHAT a disappointment. :( Now you'll have to plan a trip to Missouri, I guess!

Laura said...

I am ready and willing to host a picnic right here for a midwest gathering of SHS ladies. :) Whaddya say.... meet in the middle at my place? :)

Cynthia said...

We could certainly try... none of the plans have ever materialized before, but they're bound to one of these times!

Laura said...

We should try to plan something for next summer!!!