Thursday, April 16, 2009

Recipe -- Cool Lemon Cake




This was our Easter dessert, the inspiration for my new "Cake of the Week" plan. (Why do I think I'm really going to regret this?)

COOL LEMON CAKE

1 package lemon cake mix
1 c. hot water
1 c. cold water
2 (3 oz.) packages of Lemon Jello
1 c. milk
1 (3.4 oz.) package of instant Lemon Pudding Mix*
8 oz. container of Cool Whip, thawed

Prepare and bake cake in a 9x13 baking dish, according to package directions. With a fork, poke holes all over the top of the cake.

Combine hot and cold water with ONE package of lemon jello. Stir until dissolved, and pour mixture over cake. Chill in fridge until cool.

In a bowl, combine milk, pudding mix and remaining package of jello. Stir until dissolved. Fold in Cool Whip and spread over cake. Refrigerate until serving.

*Original recipe called for Vanilla Pudding Mix.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Cake of the week? Sounds yummy!

Jana said...

mmmm.... that sounds yummy. Unfortunately my dh hates anything lemony, except lemon in his tea. go figure. anyway, I can't believe you're going to make a cake a week! You go, girl! but don't do like I would, and eat more than everyone else combined :o

Diann said...

Let me know how this "cake of the week" thing works out for you! I don't think I will be trying that soon or it would probably coincide with "a pound of the week" for me!