Trevor had a friend spend a couple of nights last week, and the boys participated in a chess tournament last weekend.

It was, oh, let's put it nicely, a disaster! Walking into the tournament, both boys were in the upper half of the players. They left in the bottom four. In an ironic twist, they received a very large fifth place team trophy for their team performance. They were the only two boys on their team--and ended up in fifth place out of five teams. (Honestly, a trophy?) I didn't even take pictures at that point. :P
The boys had a fun visit and are looking forward to another sleepover.
Both of us live in the sticks, except that their "middle of nowhere" is just five minutes off the highway.

Our "middle of nowhere" is an hour away from theirs, and we live 25 mins. off the highway. And my street doesn't have a fence, making it easier to pull off to the side when another car comes along!

Holly rode on Sunday.
Buddy loved whatever she was doing so much that he repeatedly showed his appreciation. Holly was unaware of it until I caught it on camera.

Tuesday night soccer practice. I showed my support by coming along. Snowflakes were in the air, so I was happy to support from the car.

Robert and Trevor reading. Robert is as amused as I am by Glenn Beck. His book is very entertaining. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not--but as soon as I saw the cover photo, I was hooked. Glenn's eating the state of California.
I'll spare any photos of my nasty cold, but I've been sick most of the week. School suffered, but oddly enough, no one seemed to complain.
We celebrated Easter today; Robert served in the cafe following our church service. Trevor spent the afternoon perfecting his aim by squirrel hunting. Okay, not really "hunting," but making every attempt to keep them away from the bird feeders.

I'm up for another week. Priorities:
1. Feel better.
2. Trevor work on chess skills for next month's tournament.
3. Get back into school work; let's not drag this out!
4. Figure out how Robert and Holly's soccer team is going to play (and win!) their first game this week with 1/2 of their team gone to a teen conference.


6 comments:
I have been woefully lacking in my blogging this winter and am trying hard to stay caught up this spring.
Enjoyed all the pictures and commentary. :-)
Love all the photos!
I get behind too and then I feel obligated to try to catch up, realize there's no way to catch up and then I'm frozen. I need to blog something ASAP before I get into that spot again. Nice catching up with you! LOVE the picture of the long driveway/road.
I'm struggling just to get caught up reading blogs. Love yours. Love your pictures. Love your new (to me) background. Love your friend that makes danish.
Glad Trevor is getting prepared for the military. Hoorah!
The boys must have been dissapointed about the chess tournament. I bet they'll do better next time!
Post a Comment