Saturday, December 13, 2008

Quick Book Review #1 -- Revolutionary Parenting: Want to Raise a Spiritual Champion? by George Barna

George Barna is well known for his survey research analysis, and I'm always a sucker for a parenting book. As Barna says, a one-size-fits-all parenting manual doesn't exist. He doesn't give his own opinions on parenting but shares information garnered through his various research to find common threads in families that have already raised spiritual champions.

This book was a nice and short read, not written in "survey format" but sometimes clinical. I enjoyed it and was even more motivated to improve on one particular area in which I already thought we were lacking.

There are also both a parenting workbook and a leader's guide available. I would definitely be interesting in studying this as a group. (No, I don't want to take that on, but it might work online too.) Recommended.

No comments: