Monday, December 15, 2008

Inside my camera . . .

. . . ROBERT
making his famous butter cookies.


This is a long standing family tradition (his family, not mine; it's been around a lot longer than I have). His mom used to make the dough, roll out the cookies, bake and frost them. Robert took that job over several years ago.

We (and I use that term loosely) used to frost them too, but we haven't done that in a while.



. . . TREVOR's
latest drawing.

This is not his typical subject matter, but I haven't had a chance to ask about it.


. . . PUMPKIN
in the Nativity. Again.


I used to think she just liked heights.

(2 years ago in the old house)

. . . AND
famous landmarks in Roanoke.


Both the H&C Coffee sign and the Dr. Pepper clock are famous landmarks here. Really. But don't ask me why.

9 comments:

Laura said...

Yum! Those cookies look good enough to eat! :) Trevor's drawing is fantastic!! And your cat cracks me up. Maybe pumpkin is a "Jesus hog" like Lisa? :)

Becky said...

AW, Pumpkin looks so cute, and those eyes at the old house, they're spooky looking.
"Oh Robert, do you bake for others too? I'm looking for someone that can help me this year." LOL Just kidding. My Mom and I used to bake 100's of cookies every year, and painstakingly decorate each and every one. I miss that! Enjoy.
B.

berrypatch said...

I love the randomness of this post....

lazy susie said...

I hope that Robert and Pumpkin and the coffee place escape from their prison inside your camera soon. Shame on you for keeping them trapped in there!

momma24 said...

I would like some cookies, please! :-)

Donna said...

I wonder if Lisa knows people still talk about her being a Jesus hog? lol. Renita said something about it this afternoon. Oh well, it could be worse. ;^)

Those cookies look wonderful. That's something I've never been able to do. OK, I tried it once and mine fell apart.

Donna said...

And I forgot to mention Trevor's drawing. That's really a neat picture. He does a great job!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Oh Yum! Those cookies look great!

I loved Trevor's drawing. He's quite the artist.

Cynthia said...

Great pics. I love the variety of things you share!