Monday, December 08, 2008

Aaaand so far, I'm 0 for 2

Last week, Trevor and I finished reading Owls in the Family. Since he'd only dissected one of his owl pellets a few years back, we thought it'd be a good time to dissect the second one.

If I could only find it. It's entirely possible that I ditched it prior to moving; but of course, I can't seem to remember that either.

* * *

On Saturday, I set Trevor to work on a potato printing project. After learning about Johann Gutenberg and the printing press, Trev was going to cut a few letters out of potatoes and print with them on paper. The potato cutting went great.


However, we don't have paint. How we've lived in this house for 16 months and managed to survive without buying any kind of craft paint is beyond me.

* * *

Owl pellet dissection: Possibly to be continued at a later date.

Potato printing: On the schedule this week. Again.

6 comments:

berrypatch said...

And this is the reason so many of my projects NEVER happen! ;-)

Paula said...

I'm glad to learn I'm not the only one who can't find things when I need them. Although I've never miss-placed and owl pellet, LOL. Now that's a problem I bet non-homeschooling moms would have a hard time understanding!

Cynthia said...

LOL! Isn't it irritating to not find or have the things you need when you need them. And now that you're in Stickville it isn't like you can just run to the store!

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Kristine, your house looks so pretty!

What's an owl pellet?

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

Kristine said...

Haha, an owl pellet is basically what an owl pukes up after swallowing its prey whole. They don't digest bones and fur, and they cough it up into a neat little puke log. I ordered mine online; apparently they were sanitized.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Sounds very similar to cat pellets.

But you have to ORDER them? Just come on over here and take a walk around my barn and field, you'll be sure to find regurgitated and vomited things if that's what you're into Kristine, ha ha.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com