Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Recipe - Crockpot Turkey

Desperately searching for this recipe this morning, I was surprised that it hasn't made its way to my blog yet. Emily from SHS posted this several years ago; it's easy, it's good, and it's FOOLproof (trust me on this!).


I am in the habit of letting others do my work around here!

CROCKPOT TURKEY BREAST


3 lb. frozen turkey breast (like Butterball or whatever that Jeni/Jenny- brand is)
1/2 c. orange juice
1/2 c. water
1 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/8 tsp. sugar

Put turkey in a crockpot. The turkey can be frozen or thawed. You can cut off the strings or not.

In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and then pour over the top of the turkey. Why dirty up a bowl? Dump everything in on top of the turkey, one ingredient at a time.

Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. Serve with peas, mashed potatoes, gravy and whatever else you like. If you left the string on, be sure to take it off before slicing the meat!

8 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Okay, this sounds incredibly easy. Are you sure it is really that simple? Do I need to include the sugar? It seems like a small amount. Would you notice it if it was gone?

Debbie said...

That sounds yummy. I'm trying to use my crockpot more as it seems I loose my steam for doing much by late afternoon.

Cynthia said...

I'd forgotten about this~ THANKS! I need to give it a try. I love crockpot stuff and "foolproof" stuff. We still rave about your no fail cinnamon rolls! YUM!

Kristine said...

Kathy, I don't know why you would need to include the sugar. Maybe it's just there to make it look like you have to work to fix it?! Or maybe it was added to make it a *5* ingredient recipe?

:)

berrypatch said...

I'm hungry. Really hungry. It's almost supper time here. I wish I had read your blog earlier. This sounds GOOD! I'm adding it to my recipe file. ;-)

Donna said...

What a great idea! Thanks for posting. I'll be trying this soon. :)

Becky said...

This sounds simple enough. I'll try it! I guess you could add whatever you want. Hum, I'm wondering about a stuffed bird?

Kristine said...

Becky, I think it would cook to slowly to be safe to cook a stuffed bird...

:)