Thursday, September 04, 2008

In my camera

These have been in my camera for the past few days.


It's been very pleasant outside,
and we've been taking walks again in the evenings.


A funky giant mushroom grows out of a tree.


The bugs are out.


But I'm not quite ready for fall yet!

* * *

We met several families after church on Sunday, bbqing and chatting at the park all afternoon.

Trev stuck close to the playground with his friends...


...and found frogs...


...and light sabers, and more.


Casualty from the older kids playing soccer (not one of my kids though).


A dozen of the older kids walked to another nearby park,
played on the nicer soccer field, and hit the creek to escape the heat.

* * *

Tuesday nigth soccer practice weather
was just a
little different than last week.

* * *

Trevor spotted this guy on our porch this morning,
hanging out for his breakfast.


Nothing else new around here!

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Enjoyed the pictures, loved the praying mantis. I have not seen one around this summer.

Love My Dog said...

Night dear. Its spelled night.

momma24 said...

Great Mushroom! How cool is that? The spider, ugh, no thanks. The ankle, ow! The praying mantis, they are creepy.

Great pictures!

Becky said...

Ouch, that ankle looks sore!
Cool shots. Don't ya just love living in among all the bugs, and other wierd creatures? That last guy is a Praying Mantis. He eats other bugs...

Jodi said...

Fun photos. Is that spider a tarantula?

Anonymous said...

You have got to get yor priorities in order.
How many days since you updated this thing?

Kristine said...

We've seen a few of the praying (preying?) mantises (mantii? lol) around this year--pretty cool to see them in person instead of just in a book!

Re night/nihgt: Evidence that there are those of us who do not spellcheck. Or profread.

(Please. That's a joke!)

Oh my, no, it's not a tarantula. I never would have stuck around to get a photo. Well, maybe I would have. But it's not!

Dad, sorry. We are alive. Lori already called me tonight to be sure. (And why didn't YOU call me today?)

:)

Laura said...

I love the photo of the leaves along the roadside.

Romany said...

Your weather looks sooooo nice.

I have weather envy.

Cynthia said...

I love the picture of the leaves beside the road. I'm not ready for fall either.