Cafi Cohen is a name I've heard in various hsing circles. This book is part of a series, an earlier book of which Robert and I read when we first began considering homeschooling. (The Homeschooling Handbook convinced him.)
I don't know that the time it took to read this was worth what I got out of it. This edition is from 2000, and it's quite dated by hsing standards. Many of its interesting book recommendations (on nature study, and composers, for example) are no longer available. But there were a few hints that I found helpful and am incorporating into Holly's 8th grade this year. It's quite generic, not nearly comprehensive enough to use for high school.
This book doesn't even come close to my favorite resource for homeschooling high school, The Home Scholar:
Lee's terrific!

4 comments:
Have you seen Barb Shelton's High School Form+U+La book? That has been the most helpful book for me in regard to forms and record keeping while Lee's info is great for the how to! Anyway. You may want to take a look at the Formula Book if you're still looking for more information. It talks about the daily record keeping (hours, work completed, etc) that I then gave to Lee for making the transcript/portfolio records.
No, but I am saving the comment that came via email so I can look at it again! Thank you!!!!!! I'd heard of the book, so I particularly appreciate your mention of it!
This has not anything to do with your present post, but I forgot to mention how faantastic your header is. Good job!
I think you would enjoy it. It was a very practical hands on book that walks you through figuring out how many minutes really equal an hour for a credit "hour" and other things which I enjoyed.
Post a Comment