Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The slaughter

I used to enjoy playing Mancala with Trevor. There are some variations in the rules, depending on which country's rules you follow. A few weeks ago, we switched our play to counterclockwise on our board to accommodate the way a friend plays.

Ever since then, I can't get a break. Trev's figured out the perfect first move. And since I usually let him go first, I don't win anymore. Ever.



Never. I don't even come close. He's gleeful in his merciless and repeated slaughter.



I remained convinced that it was because he found the perfect first move. So I started going first, copying his strategy. Again and again.



But it didn't work. I still couldn't pull ahead.



And now I have to figure out another excuse why I can NEVER win this game anymore.

6 comments:

Love My Dog said...

Simple - you are too busy being a superior wife!

Debbie said...

Maybe it is the counterclockwise thing...messes with your brain or something.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Way to go Trevor. ::snort::

Cynthia said...

I LOVE Mancala!

Kristine said...

I did love mancala. But now I only win 1 out of every 40 games (and I'm NOT kidding here). I don't love it so much anymore. But now it's Trevor favorite game.

Go figure.

Jodi said...

You are subconciously letting him win to boost his confidence? LOL no idea!