This was actually a good thing, since we drove for almost an hour to get there. Of course, that's easy for me to say. I stood under my umbrella and chatted with friends. I figured that was roughing it--I wasn't sitting in my car.

Trevor has a good friend on his team and met a few more kids. The coach easily convinced them that this was the best kind of weather to play in. Trev had a blast!

The older team doesn't really practice. They scrimmage with the dads. Robert even got out there. Holly held her own and enjoyed playing again. Half of her team is from church, and a lot of our guys show up to play with our team even though they aren't on the team. (How cool is that?!) Practice lasts one hour and 15 minutes. They finally stopped after two hours.
We're SO thankful for this team, thankful for the rain, and thankful for the ice cream we got on the way home.
And I'm thankful for my umbrella.

7 comments:
Sounds like our baseball season. For some reason we've had way more rain this summer than normal for around here. I can seriously remember maybe 1-2 games the boys where it was overcast or actively raining - where it was nice & sunny!! I took my umbrella to every single game. Thank goodness!
LOL, love the pictures. Rain really isn't a terrible thing for soccer. I'm glad your guys had a good time...even Robert.
We started our soccer season last week. The three Littles are all playing. I put all the games on the calendar and I think I can come up for air after tournament day on 10/18.
I would put up with a lot of rain to get the icecream at the end. LOL
I would sit under an umbrella and talk with friends just to get the ice cream! Where did you get the ice cream?
We just stopped at the grocery store and bought drumsticks, so everyone ate their stuff in the car!
This is the first time we've been involved in an outdoor sport. Football. Yep. They practice rain or shine and it was POURING last night. Normally I wouldn't need an umbrella here in our climate, but I just might have to buy one to make it through all these games. Although it'll probably be snowing instead of raining before too long.
Hey, at least when it's raining here, it's warm! I was wearing capris and flip flops, and no coat.
Cindy, is Nathan playing soccer indoors?
I vaguely remember snow at soccer. In my nightmares, lol. :)
Post a Comment