Thursday, July 03, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

We've been really busy, but we managed to push 4th of July up to the 2nd of July. Does that mean that I might actually be ahead two days, instead of several days behind? I can only hope.

So we celebrated 4th of July yesterday. We bbqed shish kabobs. The trick with shish kabobs is to put the same kind of food on each skewer. This means you won't end up with raw onions on a skewer with overcooked, dried out meat. Robert doesn't like bbqing these (I guess things fall off?), but the meal was such a hit with everyone, that we'll be having it again soon.



Several weeks ago, Trevor found this Wave Your Flag Cheesecake in a magazine. We made it together; it was fun and it tasted great!

I halved the recipe for just the four of us

We went for a walk, and Trevor found a baby grasshopper.


We set off our fireworks (legal here!!), and laughed when it seemed that we attracted more fireflies than we usually see.


Sparklers! Woo-hoo!!


We were going to watch a fireworks show tonight, but everyone was tired and decided to stay home. We have plans to watch more fireworks tomorrow night. :)

Happy 2nd, 3rd, or 4th of July!!

4th of July Myspace Comments
MyNiceSpace.com

2 comments:

Amy said...

That looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

Cynthia said...

Love your shish-ka-bob trick. I'll have to do that next time!