Friday, June 20, 2008

Fire

I can't believe this yahoo lives next door.

It's been in the 80s-90s for a few weeks. He decides to burn brush in this "clearing."

He apparently doesn't own a hose, because he came to borrow ours after his fire blew out of control and up into the trees.


Robert helping put out the neighbor's fire

Like I'll be able to sleep well tonight...

"Yahoo" was quite a nice word, I thought, all things considered.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Don't they have a burning law there?

Kristine said...

Yes. It includes common sense requirements, such as a "cleared area," "keeping a hose nearby," and calling the sheriff's dept. beforehand to advise them that you'll be burning. Of course, that would assume someone follows the law. We are surprised that there's not a ban in effect, but I didn't see one.

Robert hooked up our hose and left it nearby just in case we had to get up in the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep, and thankfully, at 3 a.m., a GIANT thunderstorm blew through, lasting for an hour. That's when I finally went to bed.

Jodi said...

Sounds like "yahoo" is putting it nicely, sigh. Glad some rain came through so you could finally sleep without worry.