Monday, June 23, 2008

Book Review - Oceans Apart by Karen Kingsbury

Cynthia got me hooked on this author a while back.

Airline pilot Connor Evans is a happily married father of two, who broke his marriage vows ten years ago with a one night affair. It's a secret that he's never told.

Kiahna Siefert is a devoted single mom to her son, Max. When she became pregnant ten years ago, she never contacted the father, but gave up her career dreams to care for her son. As a flight attendant, she flies a few days a month and spends the rest of her time with Max. When Kiahna dies in a plane crash, her final wishes include that Max spend two weeks with the father he's never known. After the two weeks are up, Connor will have the option to adopt Max--or allow him to be put up for adoption.

The story centers around the marriage of Connor and his wife Michele. Michele is dealing with issues of her own and will ultimately turn to God to decide the fate of Max.

I like Karen Kingsbury. Her books are easy to read and hard to put down. If you enjoy light fiction with happy endings, I recommend this book. (Oops, by saying "happy endings," did I give anything away? Well, what do you think happens!?)

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Glad you've enjoyed this author. I haven't read this book and I'm looking for something to read. I guess I'll check it out. Have you read the Tuesday ones? There are 2 of them about 9-11. They were very good as well.

berrypatch said...

I haven't read this one. I'll have to check it out. I can't make myself read the 9/11 books though that Cynthia mentions. I know I'll bawl. :-) I still really like her Baxter family series. Her Red Glove series are good as well.

Kristine said...

I'm with you, Lisa. I can't bring myself to read any 9/11 fiction. The one Kingsbury series I read touched on it, but it was just in one of the books.