Friday, August 29, 2008

Getting personal

I've mentioned that Virginia has the highest percentage of vanity plates in this country. We're not especially vain; the plates are just a bargain at $10 over the cost of regular plates. They provide endless entertainment.

One of my all time favorites.

Original spark for this post

There are a LOT of faith plates. When I registered my car, I tried for Jer29-11 and Rom8-28, along with a few others, but they were all taken.


Some describe employment.

We have friends who own an alpaca farm.

Many just demand attention.




Sometimes we are confused.

As in Obama? Or Alabama?

And because inquiring minds will want to know: I did not take these with my toes. If we were driving, I usually had Holly grab my camera. She's great at zooming in on cars as I try to shout instructions and keep up.

And living in Stickville, where else would my children go to college?

4 comments:

Laura said...

Love all the plates. Rebel and Yankee is definitely one of my favorites - so is Stick U. :)

Debbie said...

Very funny, Kristine. I love that first one...rebel and yank...some people are very clever.

momma24 said...

HEEHEE! I have always wanted a vanity plate; but, dh thinks they are vain!!! Mine would be RUA2J

Cynthia said...

Fun plates! We have a zillion to chose from here as well... mostly fundraisers for organiations.