Thursday, May 29, 2008

Crispy Parmesan Chicken

This is an old favorite recipe from my mom. My family LOVED it last night, and we'll be having it again soon. It's great hot OR cold, perfect for summer!

The recipe definitely needs chicken with bones. The chicken needs to cook long enough to get the crust crispy, and boneless chicken will be overdone.



CRISPY PARMESAN CHICKEN

1 c. crushed saltine crackers (I just stuck a sleeve in the food processor)
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese (I admit it, I used the green can stuff)
2 T. minced parsley (I used dried and was just happy I had some)
1/2 t. oregano
1/2 t. basil
1/2 t. thyme
1/4 t. paprika
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
3 lb. broiler/fryer cut into serving pieces (I used 2 lbs. of chicken thighs and it was great!)
1/2 c. half and half or buttermilk
1/3 c. oil

Preheat oven to 350.

In a plastic bag, combine saltines, parmesan, and all seasonings. Dip chicken into half and half or buttermilk and shake in bag with seasonings. Place skin side up in a large greased baking dish. Bake for 30 mins.

Sprinkle chicken pieces with oil and continue baking for 30 more minutes until chicken is browned and cooked through.

***

This is really foolproof. I misread the directions, sprinkling the oil on before cooking. It turned out just fine. :)

6 comments:

Debbie said...

This is going on my "to try" list. It looks great and easy.

Laura said...

This looks yummy!
I think all in my family would like this. :)

Robin said...

Sounds yummy, Kristine!

Linda said...

Looks good, Kristine! We had Chicken Jerusalem last week (I'm pretty sure I got that recipe off your blog.) It was a HUGE hit!

Kristine said...

Linda, I got the Chicken Jerusalem recipe from Laura in Mo!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

This looks wonderful!