Friday, April 18, 2008

What I saw on Friday

1) On a license plate in town:



Seriously. Since personalized license plates are so cheap here ($10), we have the highest per capita in the nation. I SO wish I had my camera for this one. I need to work on driving with my toes.


2) Holly riding Mine (Min-NAY). This is a newer horse for her, only the second time they've ridden together.




3) Buddy missing Holly. He came over and repeatedly stuck his face in Holly's hands. (Maybe he was just hoping for treats!)



4) The never-ending view. On the way home, I tried a new (to me) function on my camera, "stitching" a panorama. On my computer, my software digitally matches everything up all pretty, and I sit back and watch it work. This was made from four photos. Pretty cool!



Anyway, I see a LOT of this around here. And I'm not complaining!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous riding photos - Holly is such a natural! Now of course in front of my building someone does have a 'dump W' or something like it (I'll look this weekend).

Romany said...

oooh oooh oooh! I wonder if MY camera does panoramas? That would have bee handy when we were in Wales! I really must read the handbook....

Well done on getting familiar with your camera, Kristine!

Linda said...

Yes, Kristine, I agree. Totally cool panorama!

Debbie said...

Kristine, my camera has that feature, but I haven't tried it yet...very cool!

I am continually amazed how much your neck of the woods looks like mine.

Kristine said...

Dorothy, I didn't even "have" to read the book. (That would require effort!) I knew that one of the camera buttons was for "stitching" photos together, and I could easily figure it out when I started snapping in that mode. I found the "stitch" thing on my computer and just followed the basic directions--minimal reading required. :)

Debbie, I've been surprised by all of the animals that we both have. Robert's cousin (from SW NY) posts lots of pics on her blog, and she often posts birds and more that we see! (But I'd like to have bald eagles and beavers!)

Laura said...

Nice photos of Holly and the horses. Is she still enjoying the riding lessons?

I have never tried the panoramic feature on my camera. I LOVE your shot! Of course, you have beautiful scenery to take a panoramic shot of, too! :)

Kristine said...

Laura, she definitely enjoys riding! She's taken lessons for the past two years, has attended a couple of horse day-camps, and participates in the local 4-H horse and pony club. :)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I never tire of your gorgeous views either. Thanks for sharing with us.

Cynthia said...

My camera also has that function, but I've never tried it (LOL).