Saturday, February 16, 2008

Project 365: Day 47

I went to a baby shower today for Kelly, a new friend who will be traveling to China in a few weeks to adopt their new daughter. (Turns out Kelly and her family moved here from Littleton a year before we moved here. There are several more really weird "coincidences" regarding me and the shower today, all too involved to post here.)



The party was hosted by another friend who has adopted two young daughters from China in the past two years. The whole party was China themed, from decorations to food, VERY cute!



The shower--of course--was an hour away, and the highway was hazy with smoke from one of several fires that have been burning this week. (No, I didn't take this picture with my toes, I was stopped somewhere else!)



After the shower, I raced halfway home to meet Robert at the mall, grab Holly and head back up north for a 4H club visit to a local tack shop.

We got home quite late, the perfect excuse for us to have Very Veggie Guacamole for dinner.

Later in the evening, Holly and I settled in to watch a Partridge Family show. Poor girl, she's so patient with me. While riding in the car, I tortured her by playing my Partridge Family Greatest Hits CD. Twice. And I sang. The CIA is investigating a possible violation of the Geneva Convention.

It was a fun day.

6 comments:

Romany said...

I LOVE themed parties. People dont really have them over here. 'Cept us. And all our friends think we're really weird.

I *think* that's why they think we're weird...

Laura said...

What a cute cake and decorations! And glad you didn't take this picture with your toes. :) :) Sounds like a very fun day.

Anonymous said...

Well, they are looking for some "older" people to go on American Idol.......perhaps????

Jodi said...

That cake is adorable. Too funny about the many coincidences you noticed.

Kathy in WA said...

Great pictures - oh, and a fun party too. You know me, I'm interested in the pictures first. Ha! I like the slanted angle on the first picture. Adorable cake! How nice to be making friends.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Ah - what a great cake....it all looks darling.