
We don't have to fax things very often, but it always ends up being a huge chore. We have to drive into town when the fax store is actually open and pay a few dollars per page. Of course it's never something that can wait a day or two. Between gas and fax charges, it's ridiculously expensive (my library doesn't fax).
I'd looked at fax machines several months ago, but I only found combination printer/copier/scanner/faxes. Since I didn't need any of that, I gave up searching. I don't print that much, just a few school schedules and other minor things each week. I don't buy the color ink cartridges, and I certainly don't print photos from home.
But I was back on the computer last night, reading through online computer magazine recommendations and personal user reviews. The huge variations drove me batty, and I was left absolutely clueless (admittedly nothing new).
Today, Robert and I hit the store. Because I don't "need" a new printer, and have no use for a scanner or home copier, we ended up buying just a fax machine. After the rebate, it was $40. This was much better than the fancy $150 all-in-one that Robert really wanted. He liked the cute little screen. But honestly, it was so big that I would have had to park it in my garage. Oh . . . wait . . . I don't HAVE a garage . . .
So now I have a lovely little fax machine that will probably earn its keep within four months. And my printer will probably break down before then, and Robert can tell me, "I told you so!" Or probably not.
:)
9 comments:
I don't think I've ever in my life used a fax machine. I'm so nosey...what sort of things do you use it for? Maybe I'm missing out on a whole new world of exciting fax possibilities.
I was going to suggest eBay but wow, that was a good deal!
Dorothy, we use it to send legal type documents, agreements, and more. It's a lot more convenient than copying and sending via regular mail (not to mention quick!). We did a lot of faxing when we were selling/buying our houses back in the spring, we'll use it to send additional copies of stuff to our accountant for taxes (at this time of year), etc. It's NOT exciting, believe me!
I for one am mystified how a homeschooler could not need a copy machine/printer/scanner!
Oh, another use for a fax machine. Chipotle orders. Ordering Chipotle for a lot of people can get quite complicated. We have never actually faxed our order in, but I may in the future. At the very least, they handed me a stack of fax forms the last time I went with an 8 person order. LOL I had it all written out and they did a great job, but I know it would be easier with their forms.
Can't believe you did not get a printer/fax/copier. I think you and Friday are the only ones I know who do not have one.
PS - and he has a better excuse than you (ie HE does not have an opposable thumb (or any money)).
Jen, one of the KILLERS about living here is that we DON'T HAVE CHIPOTLE!!!! And we miss it!!
Lori, the cost was a motivator. We're with Friday on that one!
LOL about the I told you so! Hopefully that won't happen. We are one of the ones who did end up with an all in one just because we needed a new fax machine.... sigh....
Post a Comment