
Lisa in ME posted on this technique a few weeks ago. As soon as I saw the ice this morning, I knew today was the day to give it a try. Holly and I just had to wait for the rain to stop, and she took an amazing picture of this too. We didn't know how they'd really turn out until we put them on the computer, and we are quite pleased! Many thanks to Lisa for sharing this great tip!
12 comments:
Wow! That looks amazing! It looks professional. Very cool!
Wow, Kristine! I saw that tip, too.
Your photo came out amazing.
Just beautiful. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing it here.
That really is beautiful!
That's beautiful!
We had an ice storm too, I didn't take a picture of it though just slipped very ungracefully while taking out some trash!
Wow! That is soooo great!
How did you get the black background? Did you hold something black behind it, or what? (I took some neat closeups recently, but felt that the background distracted from the main point of focus.)
So cool!
Vicki
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/PathofLifeAcademy
Oooohhhhh!!!! I love that!!! I'm hoping there is still some ice on the trees here for me to try this out tomorrow. COOL photo!!!!
Vicki, I used black construction paper. It wasn't the best tool (need something larger), but it worked for this. I darkened the shadows, because the paper turned out a brownish/gray color.
I have a blue background in an ice picture in the post below. That was the tree against the sky.
I have found that I get a nice look when I photograph items on my white bathroom counter. I can use highlight to blur the background and it makes the subject look like it's floating.
It is SO fun to experiment with what my camera sees!
WooHOO - way to go.
That is totally cool!
Too cool! Love it. It came out great. Good job.
I've been waiting for an icy or snowy day so I can give this a try as well.
KEWL pic.
Post a Comment