Thursday, January 31, 2008

Project 365: Day 31


I'd read on one of my local homeschool lists about something about an ancient weapons/collectors store that opened up nearby. I usually don't pay close attention to details, and this was no exception. When we were up in Roanoke today, I dragged my somewhat-unwilling family along to find the shop. We ended up staying for an hour.

Roanoke Armoury is a fascinating place, including more than 100 swords in the sword room, and a wide variety of WWII and Civil War books and memorabilia. The owner, Bobby, has spent a lot of time in the middle east and Africa and has a passion for what he sells. Holly posted another neat picture.

Robert later commented a few times something to the effect, "Well, you didn't tell me they had ___________!" Well, I didn't know!

So soup bones and ancient weapons. Lots of excitement around here today.

4 comments:

Laura said...

My boys would go crazy for this store! Sounds cool.

We are actually talking about heading east sometime between now and next fall. (that narrows it down, huh?) Destinations including Washington DC and Williamsburg. We may have to check this store out - care to be our tour guides? :)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

These are cool. I have some boys who would love to see this. LOL

Lisa in Jax said...

I'm not taking my sons anywhere near this store. My luck, they'd lose a part.lol

Cynthia said...

FUN! I can only imagine all of the awesome places one could visit back in your neck of the woods. We've seen most everything there is to see within a days drive of our home (LOL).