Thursday, December 27, 2007

Update on the camera

...and answering a bunch of the comments from the last posts.

It's a Canon Power Shot S5 IS.

I'm not sure what Kathleen has; I'm sure she blogged about it way back when, but I can't find her post about it. She recommended I buy a clear filter to protect my lens, and a card reader. I am absolutely going to listen to her advice. They were on my shopping list today but I didn't make it to Walmart. I'd like to get a plug in thing too, because I stress too much about batteries when I should just be enjoying the camera at the kitchen table.

Robert is making fun of my "expensive hobby." But *I* haven't bought any of this stuff. And we won't talk about *his* hobbies (gardening and shooting). Debbie, if you put it off long enough, maybe Brian will get you a new one for Mother's Day and you won't feel guilty for buying it yourself.

In that same note, I replaced the little 12 card in the new camera with the 512 card from the old camera (whatever exactly those numbers mean), so I don't see myself using my little camera much anymore. But I don't have to buy another card either. DeEtta uses both of her cameras, but I can barely remember to wear both of my shoes, so that won't work for me. (D--I've been around too long--::snort::)

Dorothy, lol, I will come to grips lugging this thing around. (You're wickedly punny.) And I've already turned the camera on a few times and had the lens cover pop off. How in the world am I supposed to remember to take it off? And where am I going to stick this big thing in the car?

Cindy, if you take that $$$ online photography class, maybe you can teach it at co-op? Or on SHS? Or on your blog?

Thank you for your encouragement, all of you!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

LOL! I find myself using both of our cameras was well. We bought an EXTREME III memory card so we'd be sure to get the fastest action shots we can... our other memory card was too slow...

I'm SO glad our computer has a card reader. Can you believe I didn't even KNOW it had one for the first 2 years we had it (LOL). Our computer tech lady was here one day while I was moving some pictures from the laptop to the main computer and she asked why I didn't just use the card reader... boy was I embarassed (LOL). You'll LOVE having a card reader!!

Kristine said...

LOL, you won't be surprised to know that as soon as I read your comment, I looked everywhere on my computer for a card reader. I also searched in Help. I haven't found anything, so I don't think I got lucky . . . but I'm not 100% sure!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

*I* don't often use both cameras because most often I forget to grab the Nikon these days and the small one is in my purse....but I try.

Also - I havne't a clue how to get the MOST out of the Nikon - so I set it on automatic and go...it DOES take much clearer photos from far away (because of the bigger lenses we can attach) and it is wonderful in that there is NO lag time at all just like a real camera...but I'm learning to adjust to the little one.....