I never did get my menu up yesterday, which means I have no idea what we'll be eating this week. Now that I have some idea (and 2/7 of the week has passed), I don't know when I'll actually shop for these things. I think I'm overly optimistic.
We woke up today when our power went out at 4 a.m. I woke up, Trevor woke up. I woke Robert up to get a flashlight, and when I made my way to Trevor's room, Holly was awake and said he could come into her room. I fumbled around in the basement to find the regular phone (our others are cordless and plug in), and I called the power company. I woke up again at 6 and a 7, when our power went on for a few seconds and shut off again. Really--at that point, why in the world should anyone get up?
At 9:15, everything came on for good--including the heater--so it was a good time to crawl out of bed. School was called off for the day.
At lunchtime (not that anyone had actually eaten lunch), we headed to Roanoke. We were in a desperate crunch to buy Holly shoes. She's been needing something for winter, and she needed it for tonight. Her pink flip flops or bright blue Crocs weren't going to work.
After racing through the mall, we made our next appointment. I volunteered the kids to work at a food pantry one afternoon a month. This was the first day, and we spent a few hours sorting food, stocking shelves, etc. It went pretty well, and Holly and Trevor did a great job.
Holly had a Christmas party tonight through her 4-H group--a Chinese food potluck. While in town, we picked up Chinese takeout and a present before heading home. She had just enough time to change clothes and we were out the door again.
The party was fine--I guess. All the moms stayed, but I stayed in the kitchen and chatted with another mom while the girls did their stuff in other parts of the house. The leader is a local high school teacher, and he led the girls in prayer before beginning--that was a nice plus for the evening. They had a "Dirty Santa" gift exchange (where you can steal someone else's present), and Holly ended up with a nice bracelet. She had a good time.
It was one of those "daze," in part because it's one of those weeks. The next several days will be just about as crazy--and it might snow tomorrow afternoon . . .
3 comments:
Menu - fudge, tic tac toe mix, cerel mix, sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate covered peanuts, ghirdelli's peppermint chocolate candy..... it's really quite simple.
Is de'etta adopting?
LOL, I don't think so, but she'll welcome you into her home, I'm quite sure!
Post a Comment